Simple Joys of Life
Seeing as how I've been unemployed for a few months I have begun to find joy in simple things. I say they are simple because I'm trying to return to my roots, you know, things that don't really cost a lot of money. Without further adieu these are the things that bring great enjoyment to my life (in no particular order):
- Coffee and Tea (Bigelow Vanilla Almond, Sleepytime, Sleepytime Vanilla, Raspberry Zinger, Cinnamon Stick), and French Press coffees.
- Checking the mail box (awaiting the arrival of our green card and other unexpected joys).
- Checking my email.
- Taking walks around my boring neighborhood with my queen (which makes it quite exciting).
- Our weekly Korean Bible study when I drive Olivia and get a cup of coffee and read while I wait for her.
- Reading exciting new books: The Loom of Language, Desiring God, How to Learn Any Language, Son of Hamas, Catch 22, The Bible, etc.)
- Watching exciting Korean dramas (Life is Beautiful).
- Watching period films with my family (Little Dorrit, Random Passage).
- Cooking with Olivia.
- Watching Olivia quilt (using her new sewing machine).
- Walking around in the mall like we're in high school again.
- Hanging out with my grandparents.
- Calling my family for a ride.